This site has the latest news about books and the Disaster Time Line Charts.
Two New Books in 2019:
- Third Edition of Emergency Management; the American Experience. Claire B. Rubin, Editor. Routledge Press; available in August 2019. The newly revised edition covers historic disaster events and their outcomes for the years 1900-2010.
- U.S. Emergency Management in the 21st Century: From Disaster to Catastrophe; Claire B. Rubin and Susan L. Cutter, Editors. Routledge Publisher (December 2019). This all new book follows in the footsteps of the history book noted above. It is broader in scope, however, giving more attention to the recovery phase planning process as well as to changes in federal requirements and programs since 2010. Ordering Info: Use this code to get a discount: SOC19
Disaster Time Line Charts Available to Browse Online:
- Disaster Time Line: Major Focusing Events and U.S. Outcomes (1988 – 2008)
- Terrorism Time Line: Major Focusing Events and U.S. Outcomes (2001 – 2008)
- Earthquake Planning in California (1906 – 2008 )
- Disaster Time Line for B.C. and Canada: Major Focusing Events and Their Outcomes (1917 – 2007)
Note: Most of these charts end with 2008 information. They need to be updated and digitized, plans for which are in progress.
To order hard copies, contact the owner/author at cbrubin at yahoo dot com
Claire B. Rubin has more than 40 years of experience as a researcher, consultant, and educator in the fields of emergency management and homeland security.